Well let me say first that I've been having a great day thus far for my 40th birthday. After all, it is just a number, age is a state of mind, etc. Right?
That being said, my husband is getting lots of mileage calling me a senior citizen. Well, at least he looks older than I do! (even though I'm almost 4 years older!) :)
So Sunday the kids are in Primary and they're doing their birthday song. The Primary chorister asks if there are any other birthdays they don't know about during the week. Will excitedly raised his hand and announced, "Tomorrow is my Mom's 40th birthday!" Bro. Jephson, the 1st counselor in our bishopric, told me about Will's announcement. Very cute. So now I guess the whole ward probably knows I'm 40 today. No biggie.
Then last night my mom and dad came over (thanks for the yummy cake, the pic will be at the bottom of this post) for dinner. Dad blessed the food, but had to get his jab in first. He said how grateful he was that I had made it this far, to my 40th year, and how wonderful it was I was so very old. I forget the verbatim prayer, but you get the gist. Ha ha ha. Very funny, 70-year old man!
I still say that I don't really care about 40. My birthday "freak out" was over 25. Sounds silly now, huh? I realized I was a quarter of a century and that freaked me. Bah. Now that I'm several years away from that I realize just how ridiculous-sounding that really is!
So happy birthday to me. I have a favorite birthday song from Primary days. It goes like this:
"Happy, happy birthday (Heidi) dear, happy days will come to you all year. If I had one wish, then it would be...a happy, happy birthday to you from me!"
Holiday Cards Are Easy For Me
12 years ago




4 comments:
A WONDERFUL birthday to you on your 'real' day, Heidi! I have observed that, if we're lucky, life just gets better as we get older. I believe this is true for you! You are lovable in every way!
Aw, I love that! Happy Birthday! (again)
You're halfway to 80 ;)
um...thank you Carrot? Back at ya in October!
Happy happy birthday Heidi dear!!!
Post a Comment