As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Emma's surgery today


So my big girl to my left had her adenoidectomy this morning at the Covington Multi Care Day Surgery Center. whew! what a mouthful! :)
All went well, and she's home sleeping in her bedroom right now. Poor little thing, when she woke up though she felt sick to her tummy (as she put it) and had an "owie throat" which they gave her some drugs to help her through.


Here she is goofing off before they came in and gave her the meds to start it all off. She wanted to pose this way, telling me that she wanted to put her arms out "like this, mama!" She's quite a character, that little Emma Grace girl of mine. I sure do adore her.


I know, I know. But I couldn't resist. She looked so peaceful and beautiful sleeping in her post-surgery drug haze. Poor little thing. But I'm hoping this adenoidectomy will help her be healthier from now on. I'm crossing my fingers no more colds every 6 weeks, like clockwork. So is her doctor.
doesn't she remind you of what Sleeping Beauty must have looked like, drooling and slobbering all over herself while she slept those 100 years? :)



So I thank you all for your support in this quest for better health for my Emma. I'm most appreciative that Ryan's home teaching companion, Dan, came over last night with his sweet wife and the two men administered a Priesthood blessing for her. I think it helped me as much or even more than it did her. I was uncharacteristically calm in the waiting room. No floor pacing for this mommy!

Talk to you all later. I'll post later about Will's role in the pack meeting last night. Let's just say it should be a crime to have a flag bearer as adorable as he was!

5 comments:

Lefty said...

I'm so glad it went well.

Coleman Family said...

What a brave little sweetheart. Poor baby girl. I'm glad to know everything went well!

carol said...

Emma is our Sleeping Beauty for sure! What a darling little charmer she can be; then out of the blue she asks or says the most hilarious things! She's so cute and I'm glad the surgery is over and she's recuperating nicely (you too!) So glad you could have this done in Covington--those drives to Seattle are awful.

carol said...

p.s. When she talked to Papa on the phone last night at his hospital bed, she asked him why he was sick and if he had a purple towel. Did Emma get a purple towel? If so we're changing hospitals because Papa only got boring old white ones with the U of W's name on them!

Heidi said...

ha ha ha! no, the hospital in covington only has white towels as well. i don't know where she got the purple towel idea from. maybe in her drugged state something was purple! :)
glad she could call papa last night and cheer him up. when i told her she could call him she got all excited, raised her fist into the air and said, "yeeesss!" (just picture napolean dynomite doing that and you have the idea)
she's a funny little monkey and i love her. no, lurve her. ;)