As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

That's right, no title! I'm a rebel!!!!! ;)
I've been told that my last blog was too revealing, that I let too much info onto the web and cyberspace, and people could use it against me. What do you think? Will people really use what I say against me?
The reference was to my use of the word "shrink." As most of you know, Will has ADHD. This is just the doc that regulates his meds so we can co-exist and he can be a good student at school and a good boy at Cub Scouts.
So while maybe you don't all want to read about my life struggles, I say, "TOO BAD!" This is my blog and I'll type if I want to. (just think of that song, "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to....")
So if I offend or cause distress in any way, I'm truly sorry that you took it that way. :) I'm just trying to work out in my mind my thoughts and put them down into words. It helps me make sense of my life. Kind of like a mental exorcism of sorts.
On another note, Emma had her third seizure yesterday on Tegretol. And the quest to make that girl seizure-free continues!
So more later......

7 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Who would be offended by Will having to see a shrink? For heavens sake, you're getting your son help! I would be disappointed if you weren't doing all you could to help him live a normal life! You're a great mom, and this most definitely is YOUR blog, so write whatever the crap you want sister!!!

Heidi said...

thanks! glad to know my peeps have my back! :) you're a great friend.

thechristensens said...

So...the seizures. Poor Emma. Poor you. That just seems weird to have three seizures on the medicine that is supposed to stop them. It doesn't seem fair to be having to pay for the medicine and not have it work. Noah was on Tegretol. It didn't work for him, really. I've probably mentioned this before, but I don't remember, so I'm going to do it again...but his dose at 18 months old was the same dose that the doctor would usually put an 8 year old on. It was high. But his body needed more. I don't know if Tegretol just isn't as strong of a drug or what. But he did have a few breakthrough seizures on it. With the Phenobarb as well. He hasn't had any breakthroughs on Lamictal. None. We love it. The side effects are very minimal.It actually calms him down a bit, too, we've found. The neuro that we see likes this drug far better than the others. He has seen much more success with it, especially in children. And Emma is 3...nearly 4, so it would be safe to take it. Just a suggestion. We're thinking about you guys a lot...good luck.

Lefty said...

It is your blog. You CAN write what you want. Was the critique about protecting Will? I can understand that perspective since blogs might just last forever and I think we should respect our children's and spouse's privacy. Meaning I am against writing anything that may embarrass them now or later. Not that mental help is embarrasing. But I try not to write anything that would make them feel awkward later if their friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, teachers, employers read it. That's all I'm sayin.

I'm so glad you are writing regularly.

I'm sad that Emma is still suffering. Hang in there.

Carrot Jello said...

Believe me, there are all sorts of people who could get offended by the littlest thing.
It's like they're just waiting for it.

Carrot Jello said...

and once a person's mom starts reading their blog, their freedom of speech is hindered. ;)

Heidi said...

carrot, you are wise beyond your years.....:)