As most of you know I served my mission in southern Chile. We dubbed it "the frozen chosen" due to the severe cold temps in the winter. Think penguins. Now you got it! :)
I woke this morning to news about my other home country, Chile, which I loved with all my heart. It broke my heart to see the footage of the devastation they are suffering. While it didn't happen (epicenter, that is) in my actual mission, it was just north, the next biggest city to the north of my mission in Osorno, Chile.
What I can't stop thinking about is the people who I met who actually live in the north, the companions I served with, and those who may have moved north after I left Chile.
How do the people rebuild? What becomes of the neighborhoods? Chileans are such a warm, loving people. Their culture dictates they are kind to one another. Oh, that I could be wealthy and fly there to help them somehow. So instead, I ask that you all join me in prayer and fasting on their behalf.
Thanks.
Holiday Cards Are Easy For Me
12 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment