

Well today is my brother's birthday. Why don't you go on over and visit his family blog, see their adorable children and wish him a happy day? :)
We all have funny memories of our childhood. One such memory I laughed over with my mom and sister about, and I just had to share with you. Oh, how I wish I had the capability to transfer tape to CD so we can have it forever. This tape was one of many that my mom would hide somewhere and just let tape whatever we were saying as kids. I think she just wanted to document her crazy days, because Dad probably didn't believe all the crazy things she was saying to him that we were saying!
So on this particular tape, it has Matt reporting to my mom about my babysitting the night before. You can hear this little boy, probably about 6 or so, in a "cry" voice (ok,whine!) complaining that, "Heidi said that after Adam and Kimberlee were in bed I could get back up and we'd have a popcorn party. Well I waited and waited and then I heard her start the popcorn machine. She never got me up! She had a popcorn party without me!" ok, so maybe I didn't quote verbatim, but that's the gist of his complaint.
So Matt, to you I extend a popcorn party invitation. Come on over to my house and we'll have that popcorn party, just you and me. I'll even watch Star Wars with you.


5 comments:
Yes, why don't i? Oh, that's right, I'm locked out!
you're locked out of matt and talia's blog? just email them and i'm sure they'll give you access. i forgot they had it blocked until just now, when you told me!
he's in cali right now anyway on business.
http://southernhospitalityblog.com/beadboard-wallpaper-party/
Loved the popcorn party story. What you didn't tell was you can hear my quiet voice saying (to me?), "Wow, Heidi had a popcorn party--all by herself" I think Matt heard me, but I don't think that comforted him much...
That's a cute photo of you two! Matt was so sad to be out of town for his b-day. We celebrated it before AND after his trip. He had 2 cakes! One homemade and the big Costco chocolate cake! Sorry Michelle for locking you out! I have sent you an invite :) You should have emailed me!!! I don't update my blog very often anyway- you aren't missing much!
Post a Comment