As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Monday, January 18, 2010

The original Pants on the Ground song

It occurred to me after I'd signed off that some of you
may not know about this song.
(ah hem, are you living under a rock????)
So, just in case you don't understand the referenced song
that Brett Favre "sang" in the locker room,
here it is:




Now, to continue with what I really wanted to blog
about tonight: it's baaaaccckkk! Yes, my mojo has returned.
Thanks Carrott!
Just how, you might ask? Well, in the form of a little wire
mesh organizer I have hanging on my wall, just above my desk.
Why did I buy it, you are asking yourself? Well, it all boiled
down to a lost school paper, almost lost school-library
privileges, and a teary-eyed kindergartner.
I'm not one to like my children to be teary-eyed, especially
when it's because of me! (ok, so SOMETIMES it's ok, like
when they're crying cuz they're busted for something,
but not normally)
So last time I was at Costco, I found this wall organizer
and just had to buy it. Only $11 and it's saved my
marriage and my family!





Now I don't have a cluttered
kitchen counter (which makes Ryan very happy. I've discovered
he absolutely hates clutter, something I never
knew until recently about him) and all our papers are
organized and we can actually find the water bill on time!
(BONUS)

So now my life is less hectic, and I have been getting comments
from my family and friends that I sound happier, lighter.
And yes, I am still losing weight! I haven't weighed myself
lately, (our batteries died in our scale) but I feel
thinner in my tummy area. Hey, I'll take it!

So I say goodnight now, I'm off to watch the Sunday night Masterpiece
Classic on On Demand. It's the 2nd part of Return to Cranford.
If you haven't gotten addicted to this quaint little
town with Dame Judy Dench (sp?) as the lead lady, then
you're missing out! What a fun story. But to do it justice,
you really need to see it from the beginning, from Cranford before
you watch Return to Cranford.
Sort of like you don't just jump into Avonlea before reading Green
Gables first. Same diff.
Enjoy!

13 comments:

carol said...

I don't get the "pants" thing--yes, I'm under a rock; but totally get the organizer--and congrats on all the good things you shared; also enjoyed the 3 Cranford installments. It's "On Demand"? I'll climb out from under the rock if you'll call and tell me how to locate them! xo

Carrot Jello said...

I love that pants on the ground song, especially when sung by that guy.
Keep on going Heidi, you're doing a fantastic job!!

Heffalump said...

I have been tempted to get one of those wire organizers for the various papers that clutter up my desk area. Looking around at the mess right now, I think I need to!

Carrot Jello said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6INAvfwazW4

My word verification is...
defie

Lefty said...

So I haven't been up-to-date on my blog reading lately. YOU ARE BLOGGING! And not just once every few months! You DO have your mojo back!

I love that we are talking so frequently lately. Keep up the good work, Heidi.

lizlaughs said...

Hi-

Carrot sent me.

My husband loves the pants on the ground song, him and my kids have been singing it for days, days I tell you.

Good job on decluttering and everything.

Heidi said...

Hello friends of Carrot! You are all welcome.
My kids and husband have been singing this catchy song for days now, ever since that fateful night on AI. We laughed so hard I almost wet myself! (not a hard thing to do, post 3 children) ;)

Heidi said...

Carrot, "defie"? huh?
But I love the song...is that a comment on how I'm getting my mojo back? You're very instrumental in that, you know. That and my vitamins. :) I have more energy now and I'm off Paxil, which helps me actually have emotions and feel again. I was tired of not feeling anything, of feeling "flatlined" kindof.
I'm baaAAAck, so watch out, people!

Yvonne said...

Maybe one of those wire organizing things would help me--I don't have any kids at home but I still have a lot of paper clutter--but it's all MY clutter.

I haven't heard the "Pants on the Ground"--I guess because I don't watch AI.

BTW, I came via Carrot.

Kristi said...

Bummer! Brett Favre has been removed.

And I'm LOVING the organizer...trip to Costco today for me!

Just so you know, in my mind you're Carrots tall blond bubbly funny cousin who was fun to be around (the few times I was there at the same time you were!) It must be in the genes, because you are ALL funny!

BTW, Paxil and I don't get along well either. Not long term, anyway!

Tiffany said...

my mojo i still missing. Maybe I should head to costco. IT could be there.

Heidi said...

MOJO actually can be found in Costco...sometimes disguised as wire organizers, sometimes as their scrumptious frozen delights in the food court. (sorry, i was off fantasizing about how yummy their frozen yogurt tastes! I'll wipe the drool off my keyboard now)
Mojo can be found in lots of places, but to have it from within takes a shot in the arm by your cousin, Carrot!
What she said to me that day has really stuck with me and I'll be eternally grateful for her tough love approach to me. I really needed it. I'm sure you felt a little nervous after you said what you said, but it needed to be said! so I thank you!!!
And thanks to all of Carrot's followers, you're really helping me want to stay on track. Today I didn't want to do anything but veg of the computer and play the wii with my little girl (who's playing it right now, actually!); instead I got off and cleaned her bedroom. After I sign off I'm off to the kitchen and laundry. [sigh] some day I'll have a maid! :)

Nathan said...

Carrot sent me.

Getting rid of clutter has to be about the most satisfying thing in the world.

However, getting the motivation to tackle something like that can be like trying to climb Everest.

Since you've already made it up there ... any chance you could take a crack at organizing my counters too? :)