As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

yet another cute pic of this author as a child

Hey, I've got to milk it while I can...I ain't gettin'
any younger, you know! Just call it my mid-life crisis,
since I'll be 40 in March and, let's face it, I am not
going to wait for a mid-life crisis for 50!
Come on, people!!! Who wants to live to be 100 anyway? :)
So you're probably wondering why I'm posting
this particular picture.
Well, because it's my favorite of myself as a toddler.
I love that dress, wish Emma had one just like it.
I could make one just like it, but those feathers
would be a mess!!!

So it's of me and my Dad's dad, Grandpa Tommy.
He was my buddy. We would have dates from their
Queen Anne home in Seattle, take the bus to the
Seattle Center. Once there we'd go to Orange Julius
and get an orange julius and a hot dog.
Then we'd dance with the dancers.
Sometimes they were ballroom,
they were folk. Always it was F-U-N!!!.
But then we'd go home.
Grandma wasn't thrilled we were so late and
missed dinner hour and so the food got cold/tough,
whatever.
But we knew we had the best thing of all: memories made.
Chicken does NOT trump memories, ever!
especially hers, sorry Grandma.)

5 comments:

Lefty said...

i've not seen many pictures of Grandpa Tommy. only a few, really. the one of him and Grandma--the formal one when they were older. and one just shortly before he died, when i was a baby. so, i've seen two pictures. two. too bad this one doesn't have his face, but it has him doing something (other than posing for a formal picture or sitting in the background), so that's nice. is he fixing your shoe?

Coleman Family said...

Aw, look how cute you were! Merry Christmas Heidi!

Carrot Jello said...

Aw, we had dresses like that too. I wonder if our moms got together and sewed them.

carol said...

Great post, Heidi--yes indeed, the memories were/still are better than Grandma's chicken!

Grandpa Tommy was kneeling down fixing your shoe bucket I think. You were their first grandchild and were they ever happy to be grandparents!

The dress was sewn for a Frankman event I think, that's why the Carson girls had them too. So we extended this dress to the next event--Paul and Colleen's wedding reception. There ya go, all questions and reasons given!

carol said...

ooops on the typo--Grandpa was fixing your shoe buckle. :)