As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

O Christmas Tree



Well, we FINALLY got our tree tonight!
I guess it pays off to wait, we got such a deal for it! :)
I even had a very kind man pull over
and help me put it on the roof of my van!
while his daughter waited inside his truck,
watching and smiling at her hero Daddy for
helping this crazy lady with 3 kids in tow!)
We had fun bringing it home; Ryan beat us
home just by a few minutes.
He helped me take it off the roof,
trimmed it, and even put it in the tree stand
and put it in the corner!
Talk about going the extra mile,
that man of mine.
So we're decorating the tree
and we hear a knock on the door
and 2 mens voices caroling.
I opened the door and there were
2 brothers from our ward singing while holding
a plate of cookies, no,
actually two plates of cookies.
How sweet of them.
We had fun visiting with them and then they left
to go and bring joy to someone else.
And our tree looks beautiful! And like 3 adorable
kids put it together. :) which they did!
Merry, merry Christmas everyone.

3 comments:

carol said...

I love your all-American, all-kid Christmas tree! The three kids will always remember tonight! Is Will adorable in this picture or what? :) Love you guys, and Merry Christmas!

Carrot Jello said...

Hey, I see angel ornaments I made :)
Merry Christmas!

Heidi said...

Carrot,
There are still a few left! I have loved those for so long. I keep hoping they'll last another season and so far, most of them have! How lucky am I to have a friend who is also my cousin?! :) I love you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.