As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Frustrated Mommy

Well how could I let this one pass up?
I just HAD to blog it. :)
So yesterday, Sunday, I'm going about
my typical tantrum day, complaining
that no one but me ever cleans up
after themself, does the dishes,
etc., etc. You know, WHINING. There,
I said it. I'm a whiner.
Sorry, Mom.
I did it all muttering under
my breath, though, so I thought
that no one heard.
How wrong I was!
A little later my son, Tommy,
comes to me and presents this
picture he's made of me.
"Here you go, Mommy. I drew
a picture of you being
frustrated."
Can we say that a picture
says a thousand words?
My Michelangelo can.
Look at the picture and tell
me what you see? Yep, me too.
I guess I need to check myself
better and not vocalize my
thoughts! :)
Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Coleman Family said...

Ah, better said than done. Those kids don't miss anything, do they? I'm so sad when I hear my girls repeat something negative that I've said out loud. Makes you think twice before speaking, that's for sure!i

Carrot Jello said...

I'd make a couple copies and post it around the house. You know, as a reminder.

carol said...

Oh what children see--let's hope they don't say! Tommy is one fine artist and observer!