As we begin the new year, I'm reflecting on what I can change and can control. As a wise friend pointed out to me recently, pick something you have complete control over and find your mojo again. This is my quest for 2010. To get my mojo back!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Will's classroom party



So I went into Will's classroom today with Tommy and Emma and an armful of cupcakes. I was suddently the most popular person in the room! I can't imagine why. :)
Per Will's request it was a yellow cake and chocolate frosting. Well, I was out of boxed cake mixes so that left me with Ms. Martha Stewart's website for a cake recipe. I must say I HIGHLY recommend her classic yellow cake recipe. Yummo! We were out of frosting, so I went to the Wilton website and used their chocolate buttercream frosting. Yum! It was a hit, as I knew it would be. Here is the picture of the cupcakes and some pictures of the classroom. All of the kids had fun. After school was "officially" over, Will took one to Mrs. Moore, his teacher last year, Tommy took one to his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Seeley, and we gave one to the librarian, the principal, and Ms. Erica, Tommy's preschool teacher last year. So we had fun delivering baked goods to our favorite people in the building. Don't you wish you were one of them? Ha Ha Ha

2 comments:

carol said...

I'm so impressed with your un-box cake and frosting making! Lucky kids and educators! That was pretty sweet of you to do this, no pun intended. xoxo

Heidi said...

what is that saying? the mother of invention is desperation? well if not, it should be! will wanted yellow cake and chocolate frosting with sprinkles, we were out of boxed cake mix and frostings, so it came out of necessity! :) and they were soooo much yummier from scratch!